The Navodaya Scheme is a unique experiment unparalleled in the annals of school education in India and elsewhere. The National Policy on Education-1986 envisaged the setting up of these schools, to be called Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas that would bring out the best of rural talent.
JNVs are spread in 27 states and 7 union Territories. and there are 593 schools throughout India. .Admissions are made through Test administered by CBSE in CLASS VI. These are co-educational residential schools with free lodge and boarding facilities up to class XII.
In accordance with the New Education Policy of 1986, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya for the District Nellore was established during the year 1986-87. It is situated in Krishnapuram, Marripadu Mandal , Nellore Dist. in a pleasant environment spread over on 59 acres of land. The Vidyalaya is possessing the state of art Infrastructure and committed, talented acharyas. In many ways this Institution is considered a TREND SETTER and has been a learning Organization working with full Team Spirit and total transparency.
Being nestled in the crescent water gulf, a place of Nature’s charm, a treasure of beauty, is always filled with a cooling spirit throughout the year. The gardens are well nourished, ever-green, rich with the hue of exuberant colours. The vicinities that embellish the Gandhi bagh and Rajiv Smruthivan momentarily catch the eye of the visitor with a deep profoundity and divine serenity. The shady gigantic trees around the campus, spacious play grounds and well defined structures of blocks and the majestic academic block on the campus look appealing and beautiful
STRIKING FEATURES OF OUR VIDYALAYA
· We follow CBSE Syllabus
· Committed staff highly bestowed with multiple skills and highest educational qualifications.
· Cooperative, dedicated, experienced and team spirited office team.
· Working with full team spirit.
· Curricular transactions are being carried out with the integration of ICT.
· Use of interactive and activity based learning methods in scholastic actities.
· A resourceful library and well equipped Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computers
( Multimedia ) and junior science labs.
· Our Art Gallery known as a Place of colourful spirits.
· Our students always stand in front and even rise up to the SGFI levels in games and sports.
· Various social service programmes are always carried out as a part of pace-setting activities.
· Our NGC, NCC and SCOUTS AND GUIDES always protect environment, stand as an embodiment of nation’s spirit and render their services to the society.